The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is located at the 3rd floor of the AAMCH, which specializes in the monitoring and care of ill or premature new-born infants. The NICU also admits babies with congenital problems or trauma during delivery and combines sophisticated equipment with trained healthcare professionals to provide specialized care for newborn infants. The 25-bed-unit consists of numerous child specialists, assisted by 30 nurses and 2 receptionists.
- Neonatal intensive and special care
- Standby for high-risk deliveries
- High-risk and birth defect consultations
- Newborn screening
- Neonatal neurodevelopmental follow-up of premature newborn infants
- Specialist outpatient consultation